Joslin establishes clinical affiliations with like-minded partners, aiming for major impact through care delivery. Joslin has a proven model and detailed methodologies that facilitate center development.
What do you need? How can Joslin help?
Development of a new centerIn some cases, a group of clinicians, administrators or investors have a dream of a diabetes center, to better serve the population with exceptional care and service in a financially sustainable way.
Solution: Joslin can work with you in several phases.
- Design and development
- Implementation and launch
- Ongoing affiliation and support
Clinical affiliation with an existing program
In some cases, an existing clinic or hospital sees an opportunity to improve processes, business metrics and clinical outcomes, through learning and support from experts and through licensing the use of the leading brand.
Solution: In such cases, the planning phase is much shorter, as we work to help the clinic establish best practices in patient care, education and business operations, customized to the local environment and culture. Together, we work to ensure that Joslin’s standards of care and business operations are met.
Affiliate relationships are typically long-term contractual agreements.
JoslinCare Gets Results:
Joslin’s Approach to Clinical Collaboration
In both scenarios, for our clinical affiliates, Joslin Health Solutions International:
- Trains affiliates extensively in the Joslin model, processes and standards
- Provides resources, including training and tools, to guide excellent-quality clinical and business operations
- Assists with business planning, marketing and outreach
- Tracks key metrics to ensure ongoing high performance
- Conducts periodic site visits and meetings in the affiliate’s country and in Boston for oversight and innovation
- Licenses the use of the Joslin name
- Works to help establish affiliate care models that may include:
Specialty care access
To learn more, contact
William Hsu, M.D.
Vice President, International Programs
at (617) 309-5803,
or e-mail William.Hsu@joslin.harvard.edu
We offer several collaboration models:
Page last updated: March 18, 2019