Health plans face the constant challenge to provide high quality benefits and programs that result in superior health outcomes for members at reasonable costs. The explosion of chronic illnesses like diabetes, asthma and cardiovascular disease have driven insurers to develop wellness and disease management approaches – through internal investment or outsourcing – that deliver cost effective results.
Joslin is well positioned to provide insurers leading disease management solutions. Through decades of research and clinical practice Joslin has developed the following capabilities to partner with health plans of all types:
- Joslin Clinical Guidelines that serve as foundations for building various care pathways and education mechanism for diabetes, metabolic syndrome and related areas
- Risk stratification strategies and tools
- Patient registries
- Care management software for nurses
- Comprehensive education programs
- Patient and professional educational material (books, videos)
- Clinical consulting and care management training
- Automated care management algorithms
- Telemedicine applications, including the Joslin Vision Network for detecting diabetic eye disease in patients within a primary care setting
Given the strength of its portfolio and diabetes expertise, Joslin is currently working in partnership with two disease management companies as part of the CMS Medicare Health Support program.
For more information on how Joslin can provide health solutions in partnership with your health insurance company please contact
Page last updated: February 22, 2019